In this class, children are encouraged to learn through observation, communication and manipulating objects. This gives the learner a sense of acceptance, encouragement and accomplishment and makes learning fun. These inspired activities help to promote self-sufficiency.
The activities here includes;-
- Devotion and circle time – This includes praying, singing, dancing, telling bible stories, introduction and greetings.
- Language – Introduction to sounds, letter formation, naming and reading pictures, sticking sounds, feeling sounds
- Number work – Recognition of numbers, Introduction to counting 1-5, sticking numbers, feeling and painting numbers, Number sequencing, reviewing numbers
- Basic training – This is self-care which includes washing and drying hands, toileting, greetings people, using a handkerchief, handling projects in class, role playing
- Practical life – Children are taught how to zip, button, buckle and tie, rolling a mat, pouring, transferring objects with tongs, opening and closing doors, kneading
- Sensorial – Touch tablets and fabrics, pink towers, long stairs ,broad stairs, colour boxes 1 and 2. This helps in differentiating sizes and weight, how to hold his or her fingers with the small cubes, how to grasp the largest cube, controlling arms and fingers so that tower doesn’t fall, and has the good feeling of completing the task.
- Culture – Children are encouraged to understand and love people for their differences. They learn to accept every culture as unique and important. They also learn to behave respectfully and kindly towards themselves and others.
- Science – Science is all around us. Young children interact with the natural world everyday, investigating how smell like, how a leaf feels or what happens when you try to hold a chick. Children are also encouraged care for plants.
- Art and Music – Painting, colouring, drawing, singing and playing an instrument
- Technology – Introduction to computers