To be a leader in the early years of learning at a Montessori school that integrates the Competency Based Curriculum in the East African Region.
It is our mission to prepare all our learners with academic and essential life skills that foster self confidence and eagerness for learning, all in a safe and friendly environment.
Believe in yourself
Nurture, Creative, Fun
Our values – EARTH
- E – Excellence
- A – Accountability
- R – Respect
- T – Team Work
- H– Honesty/ Integrity
In pursuant to our mission we will provide a safe, caring, friendly and secure learning enviroment for all our children. We will endeavour to create a well guided and holistic individual who will be able to proceed with further learning in any school. Backing our mission we will provide relevant learning materials and books, teach technology, encourage creativity through art and teach social skills through practical life learning and outdoor activities.
Our Goals for the next 3 years are
- To improve achievement of all students with emphasis in language and number work.
- To ensure high quality teaching , learning and care through devoted staff members.
- To achieve high standards of safety and well being of children.
The two unique experiences we offer children at Appleton Schools are a chance to:
- Be cared for by someone who is not a family member and
- Be with a stable group of children to build relationships with over time.
It is useful for children to have some experience in both of these circumstances before they reach school, particularly now when lower primary schools are becoming more structured and academic. Having the experience of being cared for by an adult outside the family gives children a chance to begin to learn that the world is a safe and nurturing place.
They learn that they can get their needs met and desires known to someone else besides a parent. If children have a chance to learn this before school, they will have entered school with the confidence that their teacher will be a resource to them. They can survive without their parent or guardian. Equally important, is building relationships with a stable group of children over time which helps children learn how to communicate, solve problems, negotiate and work together.
The school provides a healthy snack and a nutritious, well balanced lunch. We have a qualified chef who prepares a balanced diet which includes
- Vegetables with meals all days
- Snacks for break include cereals.biscuits,cake taken with chocolate, juice or tea
- Beef, chicken or fish with meals like rice, pasta, mashed potatoes, bananas, ugali and chapati
- Fruits on a daily basis
- Clean water is also provided